Sunday, January 1, 2012

Why I am Writing This Post

When I told the members of my Church--the First Methodist Church of Liberty City--that I was planning to enter the wild world of blogging, they were naturally bewildered.  And I could certainly understand why:  with a rich life like mine, why would I want to spend time trying to use the devil's own tools to try to lead my fellow man along the biways and highways of righteousness.
Just to fill you in about me, I am currently serving as the President of the Sorghum Association of America and spend most of my time working with my local Church.  Although I live with my sweet old mother, Mrs. Erma Dowd, in our family home outside of Liberty City, I earn my keep teaching accordion and substitute teaching at our local high school.

So you see, my life is plenty rich enough without having to spend time sharing the wisdom that I have gained lo these 37 years living in GOD's COUNTRY. 

But I also know that there are those folks living in big cities on the east and west coasts who have lost touch with the essential goodness and wisdom of the heartlands.  They spend their time trying to turn this God-fearing land of ours into a bastion of liberalism and a safe-haven for atheists, communists, and homosexuals. 

It is for these misguided individuals that I have taken time away from my immense responsibilities in order to lead them back to the ESSENTIAL GOODNESS that is their birthright.  In this quest, I see myself akin to the prophet Isaiah who also called men and women in his own time to "make straight the way of the Lord."

I believe that we need to return to the three things that made this country of ours great:  (1) fear in the Lord, (2) the traditional values of the heartland, and (3) the consumption of whole grains, especially sweet sorghum and other sorghum-related products.

This, in short, is my mission in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment